Llandow Vids from 15/08/14

Dailaughing
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Re: Llandow Vids from 15/08/14

Post by Dailaughing »

Very tempted by this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SJCAM-SJ4000-Fu ... OC:US:1123" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

after watching this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnHDu-oW ... 7F0C9FDC91" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

The only thing it seems to lack is a true 720p 60fps mode but the Mobius 720p has problems as well it seems (and it lacks the mounting options as well). I'm a lot happier with the concept of a camera inside a waterproof case clamped and tied and costing less than £50 than with something not waterproof and costing much more. I have NO experience with actioncams though so don't take that as wisdom.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

avengerpenguin wrote:Just uploading the others now, although not edited at all so there is a bit of waiting at the beginning, it will be a few hours before they are up.
Avengerpenguin did you ever post your rear facing vids as have kept and eye on you tube but not seen them.
No bother if you decided not to just did not want to miss it if you had made the effort. :-)
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Dailaughing
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Post by Dailaughing »

On first trial the SJCAM took good pictures but the mount was not stable enough. I did include a 3M sticky pad in the fitting and I think that allowed it all to move within the limits of that padding. That plus the amplification of a two inch mount/tilt assemble was too much.

I will try again with a reduced mount and a flatter mounting point and update this. If that doesn't work I'm down to bolting it on in a way that would involve altering the bike or wearing it on my helmet which doesn't appeal.
Learner Driver
First Name: Sean

Post by avengerpenguin »

menzies3032 wrote:
avengerpenguin wrote:Just uploading the others now, although not edited at all so there is a bit of waiting at the beginning, it will be a few hours before they are up.
Avengerpenguin did you ever post your rear facing vids as have kept and eye on you tube but not seen them.
No bother if you decided not to just did not want to miss it if you had made the effort. :-)
Tbh I completely forgot with work etc, will check what is online already and get the rest up