Honda Averto Alarm System

Any General info on Mechanics based on 'all' bikes...

Moderator: Staff

BMF
Learner Driver
First Name: Kim

Honda Averto Alarm System

Post by BMF »

Hi, This is probably a long shot but I would appreciate some advice from anyone about the following:

The battery on my bike is on its last legs, I had to bump start it on Tuesday. I have got a new battery ready to fit, Now before I disconnect the battery is there anything I should do to the alarm system first, Is there a setting on the alarm system that I can access to prevent any issues like alarm fobs not being recognised afterwards? can I put the alarm into "service mode" effectively preventing the alarm from going off and preserving programmed settings. The alarm does have a built in back-up battery I think.

Input from the hive mind most welcome.
Actually alcohol IS a solution
Honda CB600S Hornet
Honda CB1300SA8
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Re: Honda Averto Alarm System

Post by MellowYellow »

Mine has a Veto.

I simply change / remove the battery and when the alarm goes off cancel it with the remote.

The alarm has it's own battery, which recharges from the bikes power.
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
BMF
Learner Driver

Post by BMF »

MellowYellow wrote:Mine has a Veto.

I simply change / remove the battery and when the alarm goes off cancel it with the remote.

The alarm has it's own battery, which recharges from the bikes power.
Hi MY,
That is what I'm hoping for, I also thought that if I deactivate the alarm first then it'll be switched off so when I interrupt the main power i.e. take the battery out it will remain silent and operate normally once the new batterry is installed, fingers crossed :shock:
Honda CB600S Hornet
Honda CB1300SA8
BMF
Learner Driver

Post by BMF »

I did a bit of research online and found the following based on the Honda Averto type of alarm and fob as below:

Activate Maintenance Mode:
-arm Averto alarm by pushing the left (large) button
- turn signals will come on
- turn signals go off after about 3 seconds
-press the right (small) button until the turn signals come on again. This can take several seconds. Turn signals will be on for about 1 second
- the movement sensor and the alarm mode is now deactivated. Every time you start the engine the alarm will beep intermittently. I have not checked if it will continue (forever ?), enable alarm mode after a while or what will happen if the Honda Averto goes into sleep mode after 7 days.

Deactivate Maintenance Mode ( Version 1):
-push left (large) button
- Averto will now enter alarm mode and operate normally.

Deactivate Maintenance Mode (Version 2):
Why another mode ? I have no idea. After I had the bike in maintenance mode for 6.5 days it would not respond to a push of the left (large) button on the remote control. Maybe it went from maintenance mode to sleep mode. Anyway, this is what I had to do in order to deactivate maintenance mode.
-turn on ignition
-alarm starts to beep intermittently
-push left (large) button
-turn signals will come on for about one second
Honda CB600S Hornet
Honda CB1300SA8