Ebay cheap Alarms

Anti-Theft Devices & Insurance related issues...

Moderator: Staff

nipper2803
Learner Driver
First Name: Glyn

Ebay cheap Alarms

Post by nipper2803 »

Help, i was looking at getting one of those cheap bike alarms with the remote start s to go on my gsx600f. i was wondering if they were any good.
deej
Learner Driver
First Name: Dave

Re: Ebay cheap Alarms

Post by deej »

remote start on a bike no thanks,bloody stupid idea :!: :!: :!:

all it takes is you to forget its in gear or even for kids to place it in gear and its on its side without you having a chance in hell to catch it. theres been loads of issues of kids crashing quads with the remote start function
http://www.averysmotorcycles.co.uk use code SWB10 for discount
JohnBob
Learner Driver

Post by JohnBob »

I fail to see what advantages you'd have with that, If it's abismal weather & you wanna start it from indoors you've still gotta ride in it.
I don't mind sitting on a bike in crumby weather & waiting for it to warm up, save your money or spend it on better weather gear nipper.
[b]"When theres a doubt, there is no doubt."[/b]
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

we survived for years without even electric start on bikes, remote start nah forget it just buy a decent alarm if you need an alarm
merv
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
darren
Learner Driver

Post by darren »

nipper2803 wrote:Help, i was looking at getting one of those cheap bike alarms with the remote start s to go on my gsx600f. i was wondering if they were any good.
Hi Nipper,

I got one a while ago for my last bike, but didn't end up fitting it as I sold the bike, and got a new one with alarm pre fitted, have to say though it was pretty good, I re sold it on e bay (for more than i paid) and the guy who bought it was well pleased, left feedback and sent follow up msg saying how well it worked.

The siren was loud enough, but if you wanted louder you could easily up grade it, pretty simple to fit to from memory only about 6 wires.

Don't get me wrong they are not the best quality but for the money you can't go wrong

Have to agree with what's already been said though I wouldn't want to have auto start, so i was planning on not connecting that part of the alarm.

Hope this helps.

Darren
nipper2803
Learner Driver
First Name: Glyn

Post by nipper2803 »

thanks for all the help. i might get 1 but not install the remote start. have to see what happens. thanks again.
arron24
Learner Driver

Post by arron24 »

ive had he meta 357t v1 ( or something like that :roll: ) on two bikes now, cant fault them and you get a good discount with the insurance comp. pay a little extra and get a decent alarm imo 8)
old enough to know better,young enough not to care!
-J-
Learner Driver

Post by -J- »

I had one of those alarms on my old bike had everything wired up remote start the lot. worked really well and the siren was very loud. I am going to buy another but i will only be wiring in the alarm. good budget deterant as far as im concernced.

J
chris_1127
Learner Driver
Location: Paignton Rides: Yamaha xtz750, XS650 chop in (very slow) progress

Post by chris_1127 »

i got a cheap talking alarm with remote start off ebay a year or two back - fried itself within a couple of months so wasn't too impressed with it. Can't remember the make but there seemed to be alot of very similar ones on sale for about 30 quid. I guess you gets what you pays for...
gsx-aaaaaaaargh!!!
-J-
Learner Driver

Post by -J- »

Mine was only about 25 quid and worked perfectly with no problems....
chris_1127
Learner Driver
Location: Paignton Rides: Yamaha xtz750, XS650 chop in (very slow) progress

Post by chris_1127 »

astrodon, that was the make of mine.
gsx-aaaaaaaargh!!!
Tom L
Learner Driver

Post by Tom L »

£30 for an alarm? i always figured they would be £100-200 or something like that. I really need to get one for winter because i cant afford to have my bike nicked again. Im thinking of building a bike bunker from breezeblocks.
i dont have a drinking problem.......if anything, i'm [i]too[/i] good at it
Cheese Monkey
Learner Driver

Post by Cheese Monkey »

I have one of those. Heard of lots of issues with the immobiliser part as you have to wire in your own relays on most bikes I believe, then another relay for the remote start. If you dont get decent relays and they mess up, you're up shit street. Or if anything happens to the feed of the relays, or anything. If it was all combined in the unit it would be ideal. But its not.

So personally I thought for £25 for a talking alarm only, its still cheap as. So have only wired in the unit, indicators, speaker and siren, cut all the other wires back. So now it only works on motion like, and you can set it pretty sensitive or not. Was chucking it down a few weeks back and on the second lowest level the rain smacking into the seat set it off lol. Works a charm, only problem I had was when a key fob filled with water, so had to remove seat and pull the fuse with it deafening me. All in all, a good budget deterent really
[img]http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb150/xblack_sunshinex/cheesy-1.jpg[/img]