H&R insurance

Anti-Theft Devices & Insurance related issues...

Moderator: Staff

Funky
Learner Driver
First Name: Aaron

H&R insurance

Post by Funky »

I recently changed policy to these guys as they were the cheapest. I have never had such a wrigmorol to prove all the things about myself and the bike they wanted:

Front and back of my licence and counterpart
Proof that the datatag is registered to me
Proof of the current mileage
Proof that the alarm is purchased and fitted to the bike

These were mostly easy to photocopy and send off

But for the latter they wanted me to take the bike to a garage and have them write on headed paper that it has been installed. It turns out that having the alarm only saved me £10! So I took it off the policy.
M-BLING
Learner Driver
First Name: Aden

Re: H&R insurance

Post by M-BLING »

I have been with this broker since 2008 when I got insurance on a 07 R1 at 22 :D - once your scan and print off both parts of licence, when you renew they have never asked to see my licence again, only if I ceased insurance,

+ have 6 years NCD atm - they said it is valid for 2 years to take out a policy again, which is nice,

Originally Insured with NIG (RBS Group) through H+R, then changed to equity Red star also H+R

+ Underwriters were good, accepted , Cans, PC3- + map, Ohlins front cartridge kit + Ohlins rear shock, down gearing, braided lines, no problem, just small premium load which you have to pay if cans = more than 5% increase in power,

was paying £560per year 2011 - age 25 4 years NCD - Fully Comp, Cat 1 Business use, pillion cover, riding other bikes etc.,

+ I found you only Make a saving for CAT 1 alarm/immobilizer system - e.g. Datatool S4-C1 'Red or Meta 357T-V2 - Paid £250 - 300 for this - these go for as low as £100 online new!

- You should have received a certificate from dealer where installed - then just scan print + sent copy

For the small initial ball ache was worth the premium saving.
Elapid
Learner Driver
First Name: Colin

Post by Elapid »

They were my cheapest quote but I decided to pay the extra £4 and go with eBike. They are one of the few that are cheaper at renewal time. They also allow you to add any mod for almost no increase in price.
randysway
Learner Driver
First Name: Randy

Post by randysway »

You would think that an insurance company would have better policies and know how to keep things organized well..