Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

kresmor
Learner Driver
First Name: Andy

A30 Cameras

Post by kresmor »

Hi all,
I popped down to the Lauceston area from Exeter this afternoon and on the way back the wind was howling up my arse.
I looked down a few times to see that I was doing 80mph and then backed it off to 70-72mph but the same thing happen a few times on the way back.

It kind of got me thinking how pissed off I would be if a camera had picked me up as I was,not intentionally trying to speed.

The only camera I know in the Launceston area is the one at the bottom of the dip for the 60mph which catches a lot of people out.

I looked on the speed camera Devon/Cornwall site and that is the only one listed in that area.

On a different note, I live at Tedburn St Mary and I see a camera has gone up at the Pathfinder junction eastbound, as they have been doing work there lately. The signs have been up for some time though.

I am not sure if it is live yet, but worth keeping an eye out if you are passing.

Kresmor
If you always do what you,ve always done, you,ll always get what you,ve always got!
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Re: A30 Cameras

Post by TLS-Moose »

East bound cameras (other than temporary/roadworks) on A30 are Camborne (Roseworthy Dip), Polyphant/Lewannick (Big dip before Launceston), & Fingle Glen (Tedburn St Mary). All are national speed limit - 60 in the case of the first (no central reservation) and 70 for the other two. If they have changed the limit at Launceston, that must be recent as it wasn't last time I went that way .......

West bound, the only two I can think of are Roseworthy Dip (Camborne) and on the run down to Hayle, and bother are once again national speed limit, 60, due to no central reservatiton.

Oh, and that one at Fingle Glen/Pathfinder - it's been there for years!! =)) =))
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Ducaki
Learner Driver
First Name: Nige

Post by Ducaki »

Not seen an new cameras on the a30 apart for specs at Bodmin moor for the road works.
Launston to Tedburn I'd prefer to do the old A30.
ST4
DRZ400e
kresmor
Learner Driver

Post by kresmor »

Hi all,
Thanks for that. Yeah I know there has been a camera at Pathfinder for a while, but they were recently resurfacing there and a new shiny yellow one has gone up.
If you always do what you,ve always done, you,ll always get what you,ve always got!
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

There is a new (replacement )camera at south molton on the A361 north devon link to as you come down the hill towars the junction
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

I'll have to remember the wind excuse if I ever go above the speed limit and get caught.

The cameras seem to be popping up all over at the moment, bloody cash machines.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
kresmor
Learner Driver

Post by kresmor »

I also had another incident yesterday when I was following a 4X4 towing a trailer full of sheet plastic and cardboard.

A massive sheet of plastic came out and I had to swerve to miss it. At the same time a big piece of cardboard looked like it was going to go, so I opened up the throttle and got past it sharpish, again, going a tad over 80 in the process.

If I did get nabbed, at least it's better than being killed by a trailer shedding its load.