More Infamy, Infamy

Anything to do with 2 wheels...

Moderator: Staff

MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

More Infamy, Infamy

Post by MellowYellow »

Planned a Welsh ride for another group for this Sunday at short notice. Wanted to do something different.

Plotted, schemed, rode it, changed a few bits.

Got a heads-uo today...Tour of Britain final day that day. From Worcester to Cardiff, and they cross my route twice.

#-o #-o #-o #-o #-o
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: More Infamy, Infamy

Post by billinom8s »

ride on through, you may win the section

failing that, ride 3 abreast across the lane in front of them and hold a conversation - seems fine for them to do it to us :)): :)):
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Gimlet
Learner Driver
First Name: Jim

Post by Gimlet »

You'll get nicked if you do. They have an Ironman race here starting in Weymouth and heading through Dorchester towards Sherborne. Its an absolute pain in the arse. Last year they published no warnings, just shut every single approach road to Dorchester from every direction. There were no detour signs, people were simply being stopped and told to turn back. Police bikes were patrolling the race route and nicking anyone who tried to ride through (on empty roads).
There were massive traffic jams up every back lane as cars tried to find a way through and then got stuck, unable to turn round. Some people ran out of petrol because they couldn't get through to Dorchester and slip roads which would have allowed them to get on the dual carriageway to Bere Regis were closed as well. It was utter chaos and they're doing it again this year.

Here's the info. Avoid like the plague. https://www.dorsetforyou.gov.uk/travel-dorset/ironman" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you own a horse, please ride it along the Ironman route on Sept 17 and encourage it to shit as much as possible.
KTM 1290 SuperDuke
Ducati 1098 Streetfighter
KTM 1190 Adventure
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Post by MellowYellow »

As per Gimlet, I get my road closed down some 5 times p.a. Living between the harbour and the tidal river means that there is no escape.

Marathon, 10k, wobbly cyclists etc.

Also as per G, I was en route to the Severn Bridge to lead a ride last year only to find the main roads out of the city all closed or being closed. No notice whatsoever.
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?