Talk about anything...

Moderator: Staff

Dailaughing
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Ebay

Post by Dailaughing »

WTF

I try not to buy from them but often you have to to get the right thing at the right price. Never had good experiences with the site (most vendors are fine) but my first experience as a seller has had me genuinely laughing out loud in disgust at how rubbish they are.

I am selling my old bike ending lunchtime and on the way to work this morning the rev counter stopped working. Could be just a fuse but no time to confirm that before lunch so I thought I would amend the listing so at least people know. I sort of understand I can't change the actual listing as that would leave the system open to people conning other people but surely I should be able to add a notice of some sort? Not allowed/possible.

I've asked someone to ask a question so that I could answer it and make it public but no sign of it showing up yet. Maybe there is a delay for vetting. I also messaged those who have bid so far but that doesn't help the last minute types.

Anyway I thought I would send some feedback to ebay about how stupid that all is and so I went to the feedback page. Genuinely this line of text appears next to the box where you are supposed to enter your email address:
Email:
Please don't include any personal information, such as your name, address, phone, email or user ID in this field.
The bold is mine.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: Ebay

Post by billinom8s »

1st world problems.

I think you can't make alterations to the advert within 1230 hours of it ending.

Could of put a link up on here for a question to be asked.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Dailaughing
Learner Driver
First Name: Martin

Re: Ebay

Post by Dailaughing »

I had someone here who did it immediately and I answered. It's just not showing up yet.