Moto gp,WSB,WSP,BSB,World endurance etc
Scotty
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Jonas Folger to miss the 2018 MotoGP season

Post by Scotty »

Tough news from Jonas....
http://www.bikesportnews.com/news/news- ... ogp-season

Hervé has barely a week to find another rider fill the seat as he is contractually obliged to field two bikes. It would appear be just the opportunity for Jonathan Rea to get a competitive seat in MotoGP, though Kawasaki would need some persuading to release him. He says that he's happy staying in in WSB, but surely any racer worth the name would prefer to be mixing it up with the world's best riders rather than riding around his own past half empty grandstands? He's already raised the bar in that class so why not move on to a greater challenge while he can?

Other names possibly in the picture would be Alex Lowes or Michael van der Mark from the factory Yamaha WSB team, though Rea's deputising for Stoner on the Repsol bike in 2012 was the most accomplished stand-in that I can recall (aside from Bayliss' one-off win at Valencia in 2006, but that was on a bike he'd ridden before). Anyone else worth having has already got a contract, and promising young guns in Moto2 such as Oliveira, Binder, Marquez and the like have their careers mapped out. That said, Pecco Bagnaia is a promising talent, and with the VR46 connection it could be made to work.

Discuss....
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen
Wheelies - they ARE big and they ARE clever
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: Jonas Folger to miss the 2018 MotoGP season

Post by billinom8s »

I'd like to red JR step up. Can't be much fun not wondering if you are going to win or not but by how much you are going to rub it in.

It'll come down to manufacturers and money though for any rider.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.