My whistle stop tour of Scotland

Post your pics from rideouts and relive the days antics.

Moderator: Staff

Roadcaptain
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

My whistle stop tour of Scotland

Post by Roadcaptain »

So I left home in Devon on the morning of 28/05 at 0915 in torrential rain, the rain lasted until I was well into Scotland probably about 7 hours then the sun came out. I found a place to camp just north of Inverness and set up camp having covered 666 miles ( I know, I'm not superstitious)

Day 2 I woke to more sunshine and set off for John O Groats, brief stop to use the facilities then across the top and down to camp looking at Ardvreck castle, 241 miles.

Day 3 woke to a mill pond of a Loch and very misty.Image
Quick hair wash in the Loch ( bloody Cold) then into Ullapool for a brief stop. On to Applecross for lunch going over the top. On to Eilean Donan castle, finally to the Commando memorial then found a place to camp, 256 miles done, first sign of the dreaded Mozzies!

Day 4 woke to low cloud headed in Fort William and got a shower in the leisure centre. On to Hunters Quay to get the ferry then decided to crack on to the Lakes. Arrived at Takoda campsite to find it closed!! Made the call to Paul and he sorted me out by getting me on the site remotely. Big thanks Paul I needed that;). so 370 miles done.

Day 5 330 miles back to Devon in more Sunshine.

All in all a good first trip to Scotland. Some would say a bit fast, however we go for the riding and I did that! total of 1853 miles in 5 days and about 250 spent on fuel. Never paid to camp, on yeah £2 for a shower and ate mre meals

xbox tag- roadcaptain71
Funky
Learner Driver
First Name: Aaron

Re: My whistle stop tour of Scotland

Post by Funky »

Nice little Journey and a good read
albieplums

Post by albieplums »

Roadcaptain wrote: Image
Is this where they filmed Highlander!?! Wish I could zip off like that! Nice trip!
Roadcaptain
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Roadcaptain »

This is Ardvreck castle, I don't think highlander was filmed there
xbox tag- roadcaptain71