Feckin' M5, Feckin' accident, Feckin' motorway muppets!!!!

A place where you can have a rant, vent your frustrations, blow off steam, shout off in a wrath of God style and then feel so much better about things.

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
The views expressed here are that of the individual and not the site.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Feckin' M5, Feckin' accident, Feckin' motorway muppets!!!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Grrrrr ....... as if the usual madness that is the M4/M5 Almondsbury interchange isn't bad enough ....... it took me 2.5hrs to get to Oxford this morning, but 5 to get home X(

10-15mph traffic from the M32 all the way around to Avonmouth (thanks to roadworks that seem to be taking for ever, for little appreciable change), then slow to Weston ..... then an accident shut the M5 between J28 & J29 completely ......

Add to that Caravans & Campers doing 50-55mph (even though their limit is 60), so Artic's limited to 56mph take to the middle lane to pass them over a distance of about 5 miles (not their fault....), then the middle and outside lane muppets who just seem to pick their lane and stay there, irrespective of whether the lane beside them has any traffic in it at all, or whatever else is going on around them ...... then there's the people who start weaving from lane to lane in the congestion, trying to gain a couple of car spaces as an adjacent lane moves 1mph quicker than the one they're in .....

ooooh, can you tell it's been one of those trips????? :(( :(( :)) :)) :))
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Re: Feckin' M5, Feckin' accident, Feckin' motorway muppets!!

Post by goatpants »

Usual Friday bullshit then. Soooooooo glad I don't work away anymore
Running on MT
Mervin
SWB Subscriber
First Name: mervin

Post by Mervin »

left bude in the truck once friday morning to go to Harwich, reading services took just over 4 hours, then it took 4.5 to go from reading to the A 12 turning onmthe other side of the M25, only just got to Harwich in my driving time , luckily it is a 12 hour crossing at night to the hook
Being shot out of a cannon will always be better than being squeezed out of a tube. That is why God made fast motorcycles,
Hunter S Thompson
podrick
Learner Driver

Post by podrick »

Welcome to my world, it'll only get worse during the school holidays :|
gray
Learner Driver
First Name: Graham

Post by gray »

Travel down from Norwich to Cornwall for work every week , takes 6-7 hours on average
Longest 10 hrs Easter bank holiday ,
Been home sick for 12 weeks now tho , don't think I will go back to it
TLS-Moose
Site Admin

Post by TLS-Moose »

It's a trip i've done so much, and have learnt where possible to travel early/late to avoid peak times, but the last two Fridays there seems to have been an excess of moron's on the road, above and beyond the normal, even allowing "seasonal adjustment" ....... thankfully such trips have become a much less regular thing for me, but I think I might revert to trains again if it continues like this .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by goatpants »

Take the bike
Running on MT
TLS-Moose
Site Admin

Post by TLS-Moose »

Not allowed - work insurance won't cover bike riding, bike insurance only covers commute to permanent place of work ....