Fleet Air Arm.

A place where you can have a rant, vent your frustrations, blow off steam, shout off in a wrath of God style and then feel so much better about things.

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
The views expressed here are that of the individual and not the site.
Andy900
Learner Driver
First Name: Andy

Fleet Air Arm.

Post by Andy900 »

I have spoken to them this morning, they admit that the advertising was not done very well, stating ticket only, they are having a meeting next week to sort this, so if anyone who went, would like to get in touch they are talking possible refunds.

It seems mine was not the only phone call on this subject this morning, so I think there have been a few complaints.

Sorry I didn't get your name, who were the father and son on the Bandit, 'cos I know you felt strongly about this.

Can anyone send me a copy of the flyer, I didn't pick one up. :roll:
If you don't ask, you don't get !

Andy.

Atomic
Learner Driver
First Name: Tom

Re: Fleet Air Arm.

Post by Atomic »

I also contacted them this morning via email. I think the most important thing they have missed here is to kickstart what might be a good annual event. I gave them enough detail to do a business plan :))
banditman
Learner Driver
First Name: kevin

Post by banditman »

Hi andy

I was on the bandit and I've got one of the flyers.

Who is it that I need to contact for a refund??
Andy900
Learner Driver

Post by Andy900 »

banditman wrote:Hi andy

I was on the bandit and I've got one of the flyers.

Who is it that I need to contact for a refund??

Can you scan it and mail it to me, I will take it up to follow on from the call if you like, also if any one else paid let me know, I know Mark didn't, not sure about Smiler, Tom and the ladies had a look round the museum so fair enough, but if we say we arrived as a group only to discover it, might have more sway than individually.

Don't have a direct contact, but if I find out any more Information I will post it up.

Andy.

Andy900
Learner Driver

Post by Andy900 »

How many of you paid for tickets and didn't go into the museum, I will email the Fleet Air Arm, I know of at least 2.

Andy.

cornishredbaron
Learner Driver
First Name: peter

Post by cornishredbaron »

Andy900 wrote:How many of you paid for tickets and didn't go into the museum, I will email the Fleet Air Arm, I know of at least 2.
hi Andy I also paid and did not go into the museum cheers. :)):
you only get one shot at life so do it with a smile on your face
Andy900
Learner Driver

Post by Andy900 »

Good news for, Banditman + 1 and cornishredbaron. :)

I have e-mailed the Museum and had a call, the guy is going to authorise a refund for the 3 tickets, I will be getting a call from the lady responsible tomorrow (not in today) about the refunds, I think it would be easier if I give her my details then send the money to you guy's via PayPal, so if you can both Pm your PP addresses I will do it as soon as it is sorted.

Sorry if anyone else missed out, but I only had 3 people come back to me on this, but if you would like to try a refund I can Pm the e-mail of the person to deal with.

Check out my signature. :)

Andy.

banditman
Learner Driver
First Name: kevin

Post by banditman »

Great work Andy :)):

Will pm u my details
cornishredbaron
Learner Driver
First Name: peter

Post by cornishredbaron »

thanks Andy that's good news and a great job fella cheers. :D
you only get one shot at life so do it with a smile on your face
Andy900
Learner Driver

Post by Andy900 »

cornishredbaron wrote:thanks Andy that's good news and a great job fella cheers. :D

Pm your PP details sometime, so I can pass it on, the money that is. :)

Andy.

Andy900
Learner Driver

Post by Andy900 »

Here is the e-mail I got today :-

Andy Hi
Thanks for your mail and I understand you have since spoken to our Operations Manager.

As I previously mentioned, his was the first time we have held the Ride In and as such, it has been a learning curve for us all. We were advised by our outside organiser that we should expect great numbers attending so with this in mind and knowing the restrictions we have on numbers, we took the decision to make this a ticket event so we could get a ‘heads up’ and idea of footfall in advance. If we had the numbers predicted, we would have been turning visitors away who arrived for a normal day visit to the museum.

It soon became clear from pre sale tickets that we would not reach such high numbers and so agreed in house that we would be able to after all, operate a normal day in the museum, alongside the Ride In event. In any case, the discounted ticket of £10 still entitled entry to the museum as well as entry to see the bikes and traders and this was indicated on the website booking information.

I think where the muddle may have arisen is that it soon became apparent at the eleventh hour some bikers did not want to come into the museum and so we asked for a voluntary nominal sum of £1 towards parking which helps towards our costs to stage the event. These were however in the minority and again, I believe where the confusion arose.

So again, I can appreciate this did not help you to have a good experience. Please can you ping over a contact telephone number so someone can call you on Monday to do the refund for three over the phone. We do not hold card details once a purchase had been made.

Yours sincerely
Debbie Howarth

So should be able to send you the money Monday. :)

Sorry to Devonblue, I hear you had the same problem, so the person at the bottom (Debbie Howarth) is the one you need to contact.

Andy.

billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Nice Work Andy

Seems like their organisation needs a kick in the ass and maybe someone who understands motorcyclists to word their next flyer.
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
DevonBlue
Learner Driver
First Name: Damon

Post by DevonBlue »

Andy - Emailed them the following day and got the exact same reply as you including a promise of a refund.
Andy900
Learner Driver

Post by Andy900 »

Update, spoke to them this morning, gave my card details, should show on my account in 4 days, will get it off to you then.

To cornishredbaron, still not got your PP details.

Andy.

Andy900
Learner Driver

Post by Andy900 »

The money has come through, both you guys should have it in your PayPal accounts. :)

Another example of my signature, :) "If you don't ask, you don't get"

Andy.