Dysons frikkin dysons

A place where you can have a rant, vent your frustrations, blow off steam, shout off in a wrath of God style and then feel so much better about things.

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
The views expressed here are that of the individual and not the site.
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Dysons frikkin dysons

Post by Red5 »

"Oh my Dyson" she sais, it's so wonderful, "it's not sucking very well, have to get it repaired" she sais.

"I'll get my henry" I sais.
"But my dyson cost me loads, I'm getting it repaired because they're the best..." She sais.

Hmm, henry has never needed repairing, still cleans and had has never needed a 'Service'...

I have never heard so many people complain of a product so much whilst in the same breath saying they're the best ones out there.
Is it me or is dyson one of the best marketing successes of all time? One big firkin Oxymoron. =)) =))
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Re: Dysons frikkin dysons

Post by Ruffian »

Dysons are usually just lack of maintenance,
Filters should be changed every 6 months,

(But yes Henry's are freaking awesome!!!)
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

Dysons.

Like the good lady in your life.

You need to look after them.

:wink:
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand
dchurch1604
Learner Driver
First Name: Darren

Post by dchurch1604 »

Hi,

I agree I think Dysons are hugely over rated, my wife had one and when it broke we got a much cheaper option which worked well, my wife went all over the house it picked up well and cleaned, but when it started getting blocked up she started saying she wanted another dyson, she was trying to pick up tissues and I even found pens blocking the nozzle of the cheaper machine, eventually using it while blocked the motor blew, so she's now got another dyson, over double what the other one costs and I don't think it picks up or cleans as well.

I used to work for Audi locally to the Dyson family and we sold them cars, they have made so much money from the over hyped up machines they sell to the public that they can (and have) walk into the show room and select multiple cars without thinking twice, we have the R8 GT Spider in on a tour of the UK before it was luanched and Dyson junior came to look, walked up to it and said "yep I'll have one" Mrs Dyson had a Q7 but it had to be different, so they paid 3-4k over book price to have it pimped by ABT Audi's recognised tuning company, she had it for 12 months before putting petrol in the diesel engine and pretty much melted the pistons, they left it behind for a low trade in amount and took a new onw. I hated how they were treated like royalty for managing to extract money from peoples pockets just through the hype!!

Sorry to join your rant by the way :oops:

Darren
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

boylard100 wrote:Dysons are usually just lack of maintenance,
Filters should be changed every 6 months,

(But yes Henry's are freaking awesome!!!)

My point exactly!!! Good old Henry doesn't need all that bollx filters changing, just change the bag when it needs it. Changing filters is something I do with my car and bike.
:))
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
Dingle
Learner Driver
First Name: Sir

Post by Dingle »

God knows what your all doing to destroy Dysons, by far the best Hoover iv ever owned, never had problems with mine and picks up stuff other hoovers leave behind.

(I once did a very scientific test of hoovering a floor with a vax then doing it again with an empty dyson to see how much it picked up)
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Post by MellowYellow »

Have had mine for donkey's years. Been chucked down stairs and has had to cope with 2 dogs for most of the time.
Washed filter a few times. Dismantled and cleared foul-ups a few times. Never failed and still works very well indeed.
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
gray
Learner Driver
First Name: Graham

Post by gray »

Great machines we are on only the second one in god knows how many years, and we treat em like crap lol

As for the filter change , sod that just stick em through the washing machine & dry em, good as new
richiec
Learner Driver

Post by richiec »

We had one of the original Dyson's and it was great. However, following the disgraceful way he moved production to the far east back in 2002 with 800 workers losing their jobs, My wife and I swore that we would never purchase a Dyson product ever again. We never have !
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by goatpants »

I could be oh soooooo smutty! =))
Running on MT
Smiler
Rideout Ringleader

Post by Smiler »

goatpants wrote:I could be oh soooooo smutty! =))
And whats stopping you this time??!! =))
If I have to explain, you'll NEVER understand