Bridge

A place where you can have a rant, vent your frustrations, blow off steam, shout off in a wrath of God style and then feel so much better about things.

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
The views expressed here are that of the individual and not the site.
Jonesy
Learner Driver
First Name: Adam

Bridge

Post by Jonesy »

So decided today as I was Exeter way I would pop into bridge motorcycles!

Never been a fan off the place tbh but I'm after a new lid so in I went.
Usual sights as you walk in salesmen stuffing there faces, greeting you in with food falling out there mouths :roll:

Anyways get to the helmets and clothing section and set about scrolling the helmet stands, usual types there until wait for it!

There she was!!!!!!

I actually found a helmet I really like, I checked the size, actually my size I thought this can't be real, she was snug as a bug and felt great.
I glanced at the price and tbh I thought was reasonable for the make style feel etc was nicely in my budget.

So I made up my mind, I was gonna have it. But wait where are all the salesmen as I glance round. Obviously playing hide and seek.

Finally a young chap shows his face at this point I'd been waiting at the counter for atleast 10 mins or so.
Here we go I said to my wife we will be done in a min as she stands there with that normal look on her face while I'm shopping for bike stuff hehe. =))

So as I watch the young chap walk towards me, I notice he starts to drift towards the boots section, I throw a slight wave where he looks at me but continues on his drift anyway.

I should have guessed young blonde female on her own looking she's obviously gonna get served first, so I though that's cool he will be over in a second once he finished playing his cool card.

Another 10mins or so pass and still nothing so I decide to wonder over to his direction, I was close enough to start hearing there conversations when I overheard them talking about surfing.

THAT WAS IT I put the helmet on the counter and loudly guestured My annoyance at this twat!

Let's just say I left without the helmet!
Well done bridge motorcycles, you still remain on my useless bike shop list. You will not receive a xmas card.
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Re: Bridge

Post by goatpants »

Seconded! Never been a fan. There's an Italian guy (Ithink) that works in the clothing dept and he's ok. Just buy tour lid off the net if you know what size you want.
Running on MT
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

that 'italian' now works over at cms
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

Roland does help out where he can but as si says he is over at cms now,

And because of his previous contacts can still get special items.
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
Jonesy
Learner Driver
First Name: Adam

Post by Jonesy »

I think I've met him before long hair, from what I tenner who was actually quite helpful
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

Must be great to be able to lose premium sales and remain in business. That kind of happening is exactly why I just don't when it comes to bridge. I promised them they would never see another penny of my money ever again. I know a few on here have friends who work there and can get things done right and well and decent prices, fair enough but it does seem those people are the genuinely the only people I've ever met who have said, they've had decent service from there. hmmm...

I had correspondence to and from them at the time of my few incidences ( plural ) and they genuinely just do not give a monkeys. So have and will still never give them my cash.

Bridge motorcycle supermarket, buy it from us and don't expect decent service to back it up once we have your money. =))
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
bkingalan
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Alan

Post by bkingalan »

Not had any dealings with them myself going by what I have heard from various sources I don't think I will
Having said that fowlers aren't much better they never came back with a price on the SD & that was 4 weeks ago they just couldn't be bothered & that is on 12k plus
MV 1000 brutale rs
MV 800 turismo veloce luso
scorcher
Learner Driver

Post by scorcher »

bkingalan wrote: Having said that fowlers aren't much better they never came back with a price on the SD & that was 4 weeks ago they just couldn't be bothered & that is on 12k plus
£10999 for a STD SDR and a bit for delivery....... http://www.laguna.co.uk/ktm/ktm-offers/ktm-offers.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
£11999 for SDR SE's virtually everywhere.
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Just seen they are advertising for an after sales manager. One of the criteria is that they must have a good understanding of motorcycles.

This is a first for their adverts. Normally they just ask - are you condescending enough when asked a relevant question?
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
tomr6
Learner Driver
First Name: Tom

Post by tomr6 »

They let me down massively 4 years ago. See my thread. In that time I have bought a blade, an R1, 2x gixxer thous, priller RSV, 2 sets of leathers, 3 pairs of boots, 2 pairs of gloves, 3 lids and a set of textiles. Not one penny have I spent with those tw@'s!

Feck em!
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b161/TomWW/tomr6copy3.jpg[/img]
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

billinom8s wrote:Just seen they are advertising for an after sales manager. One of the criteria is that they must have a good understanding of motorcycles.

This is a first for their adverts. Normally they just ask - are you condescending enough when asked a relevant question?
The last after sales employee lasted a short amount of time and jumped shortly after securing a placement elsewhere.

Seems to be similar story again and again.
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"