length of chain to go for

Want some help with a bike related issues ?
No question too silly, no answer sarcasm free. We've all been there so feel free to tap the well.
Forum rules
No piss taking or stick poking from those who do, or think they know more.
ANY ABUSE WILL BE REMOVED, RECYCLED AND FIRED BACK WITH A BIG FRICKIN GUN.
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Re: length of chain to go for

Post by Robbo87 »

Gimlet wrote:Saw a Triumph Bonnie scrambler yesterday that had a cable lock that went through the wheel and over the seat. Arbus I think. Twin shock bike, probably similar size to the Z. Not quite sure how the rider was carrying it when riding or how long it was - don't generally carry a tape measure around in my pocket; but a cable would be a lot lighter than a chain, as secure if not more so and probably cheaper as well.
I've seen some of the bicycle brigade using them. Got a short version myself for if I have to leave helmets, jackets etc at bike race days etc. They work well and are strong, cheap and light.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
green_hodgeheg
Learner Driver
First Name: pauline

Re: length of chain to go for

Post by green_hodgeheg »

Got a 14 mm thick cable with a kind of shackle lock from the little motorbike shop in Gillngham and my mate is giving me a chain and lock that he says resembles an Abus one. Now I have the bike (hooray - just been out in the drizzle) I can measure up but thanks for all your kindly replies !