Advice please

Want some help with a bike related issues ?
No question too silly, no answer sarcasm free. We've all been there so feel free to tap the well.
Forum rules
No piss taking or stick poking from those who do, or think they know more.
ANY ABUSE WILL BE REMOVED, RECYCLED AND FIRED BACK WITH A BIG FRICKIN GUN.
jack930
Learner Driver
First Name: jack

Advice please

Post by jack930 »

Ok

So 2 months ago i decided to px my bike, all was looking good,

I had hp on the bike i was trading in and it was to the value of the bike, so they was happy to pay it off. so new hp was arranged for the new bike and i would sighn it on delivery of new bike.

all was looking good, until the bike turned up, after going over the agreement it just didn't seem right and there was some issues with the bike on delivery.

I contacted the bike shop and finance company and informed them i wasn't happy with the hp and bike, we came to the agreement to cancel it all and return the bike, and a new policy would be sorted again for the bike i still had originally.

All seemed well, and i thought it had been sorted,, 2 months on and still no payment has been made, I looked on line at my account with the finance company and it stated first payment would be 2 months after agreement set up. ok i thought hence no payment for past 2 months,

I did a sanity check and sent the finance company a email to just confirm this, haha i got a funny request asking if i still had the bike and there was nothing set up to me also the the old finance was showing as settled and the the new one that didn't happen was cancelled,

I then called them and asked a few times if there was any thing else showing on my account and just got told NO thanks for using the finance company and they would be happy for me to use them again ??

after that i also called the bike shop just to check that they had got the cash back from them for settling the bike,
they also said nothing was showing as outstanding and that they would have been chasing it after 2 months.

so I'm in a bit of situation, do a fess up and say something and get a new policy set up with the finance company, or stay quiet and wait it out and see if any thing happens ?
There are 2 new posts since your last visit. (You have read 3 of these posts.)
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Re: Advice please

Post by billinom8s »

If you have the emails confirming cancellation etc then keep mouth shut and Notae on.
If you are that concerned call them again and ask for written proof that the contract has ended, or record the conversation, they will be so why can't you?
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Ducaki
Learner Driver
First Name: Nige

Post by Ducaki »

Don't be surprised if you get a knock at the door one day! Until then make the most of it. Keep the payment money to one side and if the day ever comes, you can choose to pay the money or hand the bike back.
ST4
DRZ400e
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Ducaki wrote:Don't be surprised if you get a knock at the door one day! Until then make the most of it. Keep the payment money to one side and if the day ever comes, you can choose to pay the money or hand the bike back.
That's what I'd be doing :wink:
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

Pay the 3quid and do a hpi check on your bike as that should show up if any finance is outstanding. Get a print out of it if it shows clear and keep it as proof.

If it does show finance then you may have to save just incase they do catch up.
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"