Wiscombe Park – MG Car Club / National Hill Climb Association (NHCA)

Look in here for all other biking events and biker friendly places...

Moderator: Staff

Riviera Guy
Learner Driver
First Name: Nigel

Wiscombe Park – MG Car Club / National Hill Climb Association (NHCA)

Post by Riviera Guy »

Wiscombe Park held its third weekend of post lockdown motorsport on Saturday 12th September 2020 when it hosted the MG Car Club event. The events are coming thick and fast, and run under strict Motorsport UK Covid19 guidelines, which again means sadly, no spectators.

Wiscombe was looking glorious in the early Autumn sunshine, which unlike the previous weekend, lasted all day with the hill gradually getting quicker. The competitors reported that the hill still had some green spots – of course, it has not benefitted from having a National Meeting this season – the big capacity single seater race cars lay down a lot of rubber - but generally, it is getting towards perfect condition.

Again, there was a large number of bikes with a few sidecars in action – these being members of the National Hill Climb Association (NHCA). They had their own dedicated day on Sunday – their biggest meeting of the year - with Saturday action being a warm up for them.

For a selection of photo's please visit my Flickr album:
www.flickr.com/photos/riviera_guy/album ... 6312413118
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Re: Wiscombe Park – MG Car Club / National Hill Climb Association (NHCA)

Post by Robbo87 »

Some nice pic's of some interesting bikes with pretty high standards of prep' there Nigel. Ta for posting. If we ever shake off this blasted lergy, and if we can return to some semblance of organised amateur motor sport again, I will be paying a visit to what was always the motorcyle hillclimb season opener and closer at Hartland Quay. I have fond memories of passengering an outfit there many moons ago - and the apres' biking is good too, as anyone who's ever attended the 'night before' do in the Hotel will testify - I even remember some of it! :ymparty: :ymparty: :)):
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
layne
Learner Driver

Post by layne »

Been there. Done that. Got the hangover....
#152 Straights are for fast bikes. Corners are for fast riders
layne
Learner Driver

Post by layne »

Me at 16 seconds - KDX200
and 13:47 - Formula 2 GPz600R

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=s ... pp=desktop
#152 Straights are for fast bikes. Corners are for fast riders
Riviera Guy
Learner Driver
First Name: Nigel

Post by Riviera Guy »

Great footage...that looks like a challenging climb...two amazing catches by one guy...incredible how he stayed on!