Track Day

An optional members map.
Niccihallas
Learner Driver
First Name: Nicci

Track Day

Post by Niccihallas »

Hi people. Thanks to the lovely Simon, I have been signed up for the track day in June - ekkkkkkk! Dead excited! However, I do need to organise getting there. Is anyone near or around me who going please who might be happy to share a van? I live in Buckfastleigh. Lively and fun company promised!
Streetmann
Learner Driver
First Name: Craig

Re: Track Day

Post by Streetmann »

Hi I shall be attending and live in dawlish,I am going to see how February and the virus pan out before I decide a travel lodge the night before or travel up in the morning when were you hoping on going night before or morning of
Niccihallas
Learner Driver

Post by Niccihallas »

Hi Streetman!

Id really like to go the night before and have some time to get to know my new friends with a pint and a chat. But the most important thing is that i get there! Perhaps let me know when youve decided and we can go from there? Im only in Buckfastleigh......
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Hi Niccihallas
Is this your first track day? or have you been on track days before?
If your after some tips on what to prep then just shout sure there are many on here who would be happy to help and actually is not as shocking or difficult as you might expect.
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Niccihallas
Learner Driver

Post by Niccihallas »

Hi, yes it is my first track day. A little advise definatly wouldnt go amiss! Simon and Nick have been really helpful, thanks guys!.....
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

have a look in the Llandow section on the here, we've 14 years worth of newbies questions along with answers for you to trawl through during thos study breaks,
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
menzies3032
Site Moderator
First Name: Robert

Post by menzies3032 »

Niccihallas wrote: Feb 4th, '21, 10:18 Hi, yes it is my first track day. A little advise definatly wouldnt go amiss! Simon and Nick have been really helpful, thanks guys!.....
As a really basic guide, just make sure your bike is in good order, tred on the tyres, a decent level of oil in the bike, chain has been cleaned and is in good order, fuel and coolant is where it should be and your not going to go to far wrong.

On the day when your there you will need to lower the tyre pressures as your tyres will get hotter then usual but for your first track day you dont need to go to mad just enjoy the day.

The joy of track days are that you can ride at what ever speed you like knowing there will not be able pot holes and nobody will be comign towards you when you round the next corner. This means you can go as fast or slow as you feel comfortable with and know your not getting in anybodies way. Just enjoy the day.

If you want a bit more detail for future track days myself and Jimbo (for on this forum) put a YouTube channel together called 100% motorcycles and we did a review video on preping for track days this might help.
https://youtu.be/WgaFLCjejwE
Living in Teignmouth and riding a BMW F900R SE (in Suzuki blue colours :-bd )
Follow SWB on Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/South-West-Bik ... 4853502983
To receive SWB Whatsapp event notifications PM me your mobile number.
Niccihallas
Learner Driver

Post by Niccihallas »

Hi Menzies. Thanks for taking the time to respond and offer your advise, i really appreceiate it. Ill mke sure my bike is all up and tip top, Nick has offered to help me whip off indicators etc. Cant wait!