tomorrow morning, May 2nd, early blat

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

tomorrow morning, May 2nd, early blat

Post by Red5 »

Right ho boys n gals,

Think we can have a little blat out tomorrow morning.
Spirited and progressive pace.
Bridge motorcycles 615 for a 630 start.
We'll be covering some miles on some old favourites and might even be a few new routes for some of us. With a brekers/coffee stop some where, and be back in Exeter hopefully by 11, traffic and other conditions pending.
Please be ready fuelled and set to go.
There'll be at least one fuel stop.

Look forward to seeing folks then :D B-) :ymhug:
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
gee46
Learner Driver
First Name: gareth

Re: tomorrow morning, May 2nd, early blat

Post by gee46 »

Far far far to early for me lol
Crusader Sport
Learner Driver
First Name: Steve

Post by Crusader Sport »

Sorry mate, back well and truly buggered. Have a good one and hope to see you soon.
2019 T120 with Hagon 2810 shocks.
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Post by MellowYellow »

Possibly orf to Weymouth. Leaving at a civilised 10.30
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?
rik
Learner Driver
First Name: ktm

Post by rik »

:-o :!! To early for me and the Duke.
E-BIKE RETAILER
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

Sorry, dude, no can do. Timing isn't an issue, but had my 2nd jab on Friday and my arm feels like it's been punched repeatedly
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug »

MellowYellow wrote: May 1st, '21, 18:49 Possibly orf to Weymouth. Leaving at a civilised 10.30
Likewise..
Thinking of doing a loop out toward Sherborne and then dropping down to Weymouth & Portland and then back across to West bay and then home.
Probably leave Chard at 11:00.. or even later as the later it is the warmer it'll be. :D
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
Tvrv37
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Phil

Post by Tvrv37 »

Sorry bike running in duties so spirited & progressive are a no no.

Enjoy!
KTM 1290 SD GT, Tuono fighter V twin, RSV 1000 factory trackday, Yamaha RD250E,
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

Too late notice for me to make care arrangements.....especially as I've only just seen the post and you'll be on the road as I type :roll:

Have fun =:)
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

What an awesome ride this morning. You lot missed out on some traffic free blue sky sun shine riding B-) B-)
Yep, you snooze, you lose =))
You also missed out on some misty pea soup dampness along the Exe and Bray rivers, no so much fun I'll admit.
188 miles and back in Exeter before midday, including a breakfast stop, 2 fuel/coffee stops and a bit of traffic but nothing to speak of really B-) B-) B-) and almost only a whole mile of dual carriage way.. that's all :-bd \m/ :-bd \m/

Look forward to running this same route for a proper breakfast ride out :D :) :)
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
Jug
Learner Driver

Post by Jug »

Mine was also a good run.
Left Chard at about 11:15 just as the clouds were gathering over head and then the sun went in... :(

I then rode maybe 30 miles east and the skies were blue and temperature stayed between 9 and 12 Deg C all afternoon.... :)
Above 11 deg I'm happy but at 9 deg I do feel the chill.

Not too many cars on the route I took but encountered more as I got nearer coastal hot spots.
On my final leg home (from West bay) I followed an old Goldwing and witness some truly shocking riding, including what was almost a head on with a car. The Goldwing couldn't make the corner (a combination of the bad line and low ground clearance) so had no choice but to run wide forcing the oncoming car to brake hard. x_x

Managed to miss all the showers too, so can't complain.
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

Nick, can you give us a little more notice the next ride you do. Then you'll get more company.....whether you like it or not :mrgreen:

Richard, how about you post details if you'd like others to join you on a ride, then you'd get forum brownie points. Points win prizes =:)
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
billinom8s
Site Admin
First Name: simon

Post by billinom8s »

Brian,
A notification was sent out the evening before on whatsapp
Plenty of time..
don't forget we are onX and Instagrambelieve it or not !!!
southwestbikers@southwestbikers (original, I know.)
KTM 990 superduke R,
Zx10r trackbike, ktm 350 excf muddy
Suspension and bike work undertaken.
Jug
Learner Driver

Post by Jug »

ptolemyx wrote: May 3rd, '21, 05:20 Richard, how about you post details if you'd like others to join you on a ride, then you'd get forum brownie points. Points win prizes =:)
I will as we get a bit further in to summer but right now I don't want to be tied to a set time or day as that risks letting others down.
Also I like the idea of just having a mid day meeting point so other riders or small groups could converge on the same coffee stop for a chin wag, I guess not possible yet but will be soon.