motogp 22 starting up

Moto gp,WSB,WSP,BSB,World endurance etc
Jay
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Jay

Re: motogp 22 starting up

Post by Jay »

Robbo87 wrote: Feb 4th, '22, 15:24 I've been through the BT schedule and can only find full MotoGP coverage.
Starting with the Qatar MotoGP - Opening day. BT Sport 2HD, 09:00 Friday 4th March.
Yep i did the same :(
2020 CBR1000RR-R
Scotty
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Scotty »

Jay wrote: Feb 7th, '22, 09:32
Robbo87 wrote: Feb 4th, '22, 15:24 I've been through the BT schedule and can only find full MotoGP coverage.
Starting with the Qatar MotoGP - Opening day. BT Sport 2HD, 09:00 Friday 4th March.
Erm, not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but you guys don't appear too happy about finding the full coverage - from next Friday that's everything; FP1, 2, 3, (4 in the case of MotoGP), Qually, Morning warm-up (though that's the MotoGP.com feed and the quality of the comms is w*nk compared with BTSport) and races for all three classes - what's not to like?

If you're looking for a pub to watch it in, best get the landlord to commit to showing racing in preference to footy, as the chimps won't like it when they turn up to holler about their preferred bunch of millionaire softies kicking a bag of air about, and find a handful of race fans monopolising the telly. Chicky and I had to yield to a load of Manure fans in a pub in Lincs while watching the Austrian round a few years back, they wanted to gawp at scum and we had to concede as they were regulars and we weren't.
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen
Wheelies - they ARE big and they ARE clever
Jay
SWB Subscriber

Post by Jay »

Scotty we were talking about the pre season testing… not the racing 👍
2020 CBR1000RR-R
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Post by Robbo87 »

Jay wrote: Feb 23rd, '22, 08:44 Scotty we were talking about the pre season testing… not the racing 👍
Jay wrote: Feb 23rd, '22, 08:44 Scotty we were talking about the pre season testing… not the racing 👍
Scotty wrote: Feb 22nd, '22, 22:19
Jay wrote: Feb 7th, '22, 09:32
Erm, not sure if I'm reading this correctly, but you guys don't appear too happy about finding the full coverage - from next Friday that's everything; FP1, 2, 3, (4 in the case of MotoGP), Qually, Morning warm-up (though that's the MotoGP.com feed and the quality of the comms is w*nk compared with BTSport) and races for all three classes - what's not to like?

If you're looking for a pub to watch it in, best get the landlord to commit to showing racing in preference to footy, as the chimps won't like it when they turn up to holler about their preferred bunch of millionaire softies kicking a bag of air about, and find a handful of race fans monopolising the telly. Chicky and I had to yield to a load of Manure fans in a pub in Lincs while watching the Austrian round a few years back, they wanted to gawp at scum and we had to concede as they were regulars and we weren't.
Scotty, as Jay said, we were talking about the lack of pre-season MotoGP coverage; BT Sport has full race coverage scheduled for every round as usual.

I fully concur with your observations re' trying to find a pub with a biker-friendly landlord. I've tried localy and the response is that they have to pander to the baying herd who come to watch overpaid snowflakes kick an air-filled bladder around. I'll keep looking and live in hope.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Ming
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Andy

Post by Ming »

Move to Spain and Motogp is on live in virtually every bar open. It's a national interest sport and on a level with football. Maybe as they've got so many riders across all the categories 🤔
KTM 1190ADV - sold
KTM 790ADV - sold
KTM 790 Duke - current
Honda CB300R - can I get any smaller 🙄
Jay
SWB Subscriber

Post by Jay »

Ming wrote: Feb 23rd, '22, 11:41 Move to Spain and Motogp is on live in virtually every bar open. It's a national interest sport and on a level with football. Maybe as they've got so many riders across all the categories 🤔
You have a very valid point :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
2020 CBR1000RR-R
Scotty
Learner Driver
First Name: Simon

Post by Scotty »

Jay wrote: Feb 23rd, '22, 12:37
Ming wrote: Feb 23rd, '22, 11:41 Move to Spain and Motogp is on live in virtually every bar open. It's a national interest sport and on a level with football. Maybe as they've got so many riders across all the categories 🤔
You have a very valid point :ymapplause: :ymapplause:
Indeed, I think there are five British riders across all three GP classes this season (well, three in Moto3 and two in Moto2) so it's not surprising that our bike-phobic media in the UK ignore it. They'll be getting their knickers all in a twist about the upcoming bore-fest known as F1 - surely the most over-hyped and over-rated sport in the world? Not interesting enough? Then mess about with the final race to contrive a very controversial end to the season - people falling for this crap is like the electorate believing that Tory politicians give a flying f*ck about the lives of ordinary people - totally unfeasible, but the fools fall for it...

Our beloved sport will have to continue to fly below the radar - any bets on how the numbers at the British MotoGP round will be suppressed with the Valeban staying away because "we ain't interested if Rossi's not there..." despite him not having won the championship since years before they began following him, and being largely irrelevant to the championship fight for the last five seasons? Good riddance to them and their football fan mentality, booing anyone who could beat their idol, and believing that crap that he spouted at the Sepang press conference in 2015 about MM93 helping JL99 to win the title by actually beating him at the previous round in Phillip Island - indulge me, how does that work?
"Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting"
Steve McQueen
Wheelies - they ARE big and they ARE clever