Fault light on...

Want some help with a bike related issues ?
No question too silly, no answer sarcasm free. We've all been there so feel free to tap the well.
Forum rules
No piss taking or stick poking from those who do, or think they know more.
ANY ABUSE WILL BE REMOVED, RECYCLED AND FIRED BACK WITH A BIG FRICKIN GUN.
Red5
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Nick
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Fault light on...

Post by Red5 »

So, the mighty 675 had it's first outing of 2022 yesterday, 20th March.
Let year the FI light came on, it still ran well. Turns out the exhaust servo valve is buggered. Removed the motor and operating mech, plugged in a bypass gizmo and boom, a few engine cycles later, all's great and light goes out.
Yesterday, after a great day, the light comes on. Everything runs great but wondered if any folks out there have any genuine ideas or thoughts of common problems...
Thanks in advanced.
:)
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
julesh
Learner Driver
First Name: julian

Re: Fault light on...

Post by julesh »

The engine management light on my hypermotard comes on the first time I give it a handfull Nick, I have to turn it off and restart twice, it never comes back on again after that.
Riders had it on the diagnostics and dyno seems the ecu doesn't recognise the aftermarket exhaust system, therefore it throws up the fault each time, restarting twice overrides this.
Not sure if this is what your trumpet is doing?
Red5
SWB Subscriber
Location: If there's a bright centre to the universe, it's the rock it's farthest from

Post by Red5 »

Hmm, cheers m'dears. Will see what happens. Hoping it's something along those lines. :-bd
Don't care who you are, how much you have, how powerful you are. You still sit on the toilet with your pants around your ankles. Yep, it's a level playing field..
Ruffian
First Name: ian

Post by Ruffian »

There is a triumph download.
Tune-ecu if I remember correctly which can connect to obd to clear and read fault codes
"Welding is like cheese on toast! It gets hot and sticks together"
Jug
Learner Driver
First Name: Richard

Post by Jug »

I have TuneECU on a lappy and a data cable, you're welcome to use that if you need to Nick.

So far I've used it to mess around with the ECU in my van, and with TuneECU (with a KTM specific cable adapter) to look in the ECU on my Superduke.
I believe that Triumphs don't need any special adapter, the standard 14 pin OBD plug on the data cable fits.
1190 Adventure S, 990 Superduke, DRZ-400E - all the bases covered.
Tvrv37
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Phil

Post by Tvrv37 »

I have used TuneECU on all our Triumphs. All modern Triumphs have OBD2 plugs, usually under the seat you can use a cable connection from a laptop, but I normally use a Bluetooth plug and a phone or tablet with the App. This will allow you to scan fault codes to modify and remapp, Remapping has to be done from PC.
KTM 1290 SD GT, Tuono fighter V twin, RSV 1000 factory trackday, Yamaha RD250E,
ptolemyx
SWB Subscriber
First Name: Brian

Post by ptolemyx »

You're lucky it's not Suzuki electrics :roll:
old and disgraceful so doing what I can while I can before I can't
Red5
SWB Subscriber

Post by Red5 »

Thank you all for the advice and ideas. :-bd :-bd
goatpants
Learner Driver
First Name: Chris

Post by goatpants »

Another one for tune ecu. Used to swap out maps on my trumpets
Running on MT
MellowYellow
Learner Driver
First Name: Larry

Post by MellowYellow »

Had that twice and frightened me to death the first time. Bike had over heated and it thought the themostat was dead. 3 cycles sorted it. The last thing that needs to be checked is the thermosat, hence the need to do a heat cycle.
Went away on it's own both times.
Have you noticed that anyone going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster is a maniac ?