Devon Freewheelers (Blood Bikes) Charity Rideout - Sunday 11th June.

Look in here for local ride outs...

Moderator: Staff

Forum rules
You are of course welcome along to any Southwestbikers rideout, however your bike must be in good mechanical order (we don’t want anything falling off of it including you), taxed and have a current MOT. You must have a valid motorcycle licence and current motor insurance. You are in charge of your motorcycle at all times and SWB will not accept any responsibility for actions you take or any accidents you may have. Always ride within your own capabilities and do not put others at risk. Remember, while you are on a Southwestbikers rideout you are representing the site and what it stands for.
Thank-you.

Don't forget......ANYONE can organise and run a rideout.
Types of rideouts - viewtopic.php?f=94&t=89587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robbo87
Learner Driver
First Name: Phil

Devon Freewheelers (Blood Bikes) Charity Rideout - Sunday 11th June.

Post by Robbo87 »

Like it says in the title - Devon Freewheelers Rideout Sunday 11th June.

A fundraiser rideout for this important biker-based charity, it's well worth supporting if you can. Details of what they're all about here: https://www.devonfreewheelers.org.uk/

Start point: Tesco Cullompton EX14 1BQ.
Registration: From 09.00 hrs. Rider £5.00, pillions an additional £1.00
Depart: 10.00 hrs.

Full details, route etc. on poster.
Devon Freewheelers Rideout 11th June 2023..jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Re: Devon Freewheelers (Blood Bikes) Charity Rideout - Sunday 11th June.

Post by Robbo87 »

Bumpety bump.
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
jer r1
SWB Subscriber
First Name: jerry

Post by jer r1 »

Devon Fw as far as I'm aware are not a free to NHS charity anymore. They run as a business not a charity and charge accordingly. They have been removed from NABB ( national association of blood bikes) for this and othe opperating issues. Local charity groups down south are Southwest Blood Bikes and Cornwall Blood Bikes, both of which work along side my group Freewheelers EVS. Also further along the south coast are SERV Wessex who we also work with running their samples into Southmead, and blood & milk runs out.
KEEP CALM
AND
POWER ON
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

jer r1 wrote: Jun 5th, '23, 16:10 Devon Fw as far as I'm aware are not a free to NHS charity anymore. They run as a business not a charity and charge accordingly. They have been removed from NABB ( national association of blood bikes) for this and othe opperating issues. Local charity groups down south are Southwest Blood Bikes and Cornwall Blood Bikes, both of which work along side my group Freewheelers EVS. Also further along the south coast are SERV Wessex who we also work with running their samples into Southmead, and blood & milk runs out.
Cheers Jay, I assumed from their website that they were a normal charity operation. Here's an extract from their home page:

'Devon Freewheelers Emergency Voluntary Service (also known as the Devon Blood Bikes), has served the people of Devon since 2009.
The charity is made up of a team of trained volunteer riders and drivers, call handlers and fundraisers - all dedicated to providing a 24/7, free, service supporting the NHS to deliver blood, medical samples for testing, plus medication and patient notes.
The service also transports medical equipment and tissue samples to other NHS establishments throughout Devon.
The volunteers deliver essential supplies to patients’ homes, donor breast milk to the county’s neonatal units and medical supplies and blood to the air ambulance service.'
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
jer r1
SWB Subscriber
First Name: jerry

Post by jer r1 »

The riders and co ords may be volunteers, but the head honchos charge for the service so no different to using payed couriers which blood bike groups save the NHS having to pay when their own transportation stops at 19.00 untill 07.00 the next day, and 19.00 Fri evening untill 07.00 Monday morning. If you google are Devon Blood bikes part of NABB , there are quite a few posts regarding their expulsion and subsequent rejection to be reinstated.
KEEP CALM
AND
POWER ON
Robbo87
Learner Driver

Post by Robbo87 »

👍🏍👍
Triumph Sprint ST 1050.
TLS-Moose
Site Admin
Location: The fringes of NA, sadly not the UK equivalent of LA!!

Post by TLS-Moose »

Devon Freewheelers have been jn the press a little lately - https://www.devonlive.com/news/devon-ne ... bZAZDn-jTo

And the response - https://www.devonfreewheelers.org.uk/ne ... pK55LlykyA
Of all the things I have ever lost, I miss my mind the most .....

Handle stressful situations like a dog - If you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and walk away